Print This Page
Best's Regulatory Center
Comprehensive Coverage of Insurers in Your Jurisdiction
US insurance commissioners, regulators and their staff receive exclusive access to in-depth coverage of insurance companies in a particular jurisdiction, with the added benefit of AM Best's expertise and analysis.
Request More Information
About Best's Regulatory Center
Best's Regulatory Center offers insurance information from a variety of AM Best's industry-standard products, including credit and financial reports, market share reports, financial data, regulatory filings, news, research and more, to insurance regulators in the US based on their jurisdiction.
Benefits of Best's Regulatory Center
Monitor and analyze insurance activity.
Access Best's Credit Ratings, financial data and reports.
Understand the factors affecting insurers’ financial stability.
See the leading P/C writers in individual lines of business.
Review current- and prior-year regulatory filings.
Read news coverage of federal and local legislative and judicial developments.
View AM Best reports and rankings pertaining to your state.
Review a digest of state insurance laws, the latest US P/C rate filings, a database of corporate changes and more.
- Insurance Commissioners, Regulators and Their Staff
- Financial data: Strengthen your assessment of public and private insurer performance with annual and quarterly data covering thousands of insurers and groups, plus reports and tools to enhance your analysis.
- Best's Credit Reports, for the details supporting the credit assessment of a rating unit or holding company at the time Best’s Credit Ratings are assigned, providing a window into the rating process.
- Best's Financial Reports, for current financial data (including quarterly data for US companies) for rating units and operating entities, along with recent updates to company information. Reports are updated as new information becomes available.
- Corporate changes and M&A: Domiciliary changes, company name changes, suspended/surrendered licenses and more, along with a database of mergers and acquisitions involving insurers.
- Best's State Rate Filings: Policy rate, rule and form changes, loss cost information and new programs for thousands of US property/casualty insurers.
- Best's Aggregates & Averages: Current and historical aggregated statistics and results in key areas of insurer performance to see how a company’s performance compares to that of its particular industry.
- Best's Market Share Reports:
- One-Year Premiums and Loss Study: Basic data plus vital ratios and rankings for leading writers in the selected state.
- Trend Studies (5- and 11-Year): Premium and loss record of leading carriers in the selected state, ranked by premium volume.
- Five-Year Premiums and Adjusted Loss Ratio Study (P/C only): Five years of direct premiums written and adjusted loss ratios for leading writers in the selected state.
- BestAlert: Email alerts on ratings and news releases from AM Best for companies domiciled or licensed in your area of jurisdiction.
- Industry news:
- Best's Review, for monthly coverage of issues and developments impacting the industry, along with perspectives from industry leaders.
- BestWeek, our weekly email featuring original in-depth articles, plus an overview of important developments affecting the insurance industry.
- BestDay, for an email round-up of the most recent 24 hours of insurance news stories, videos, podcasts and credit rating actions.
- Industry research:
- Best’s Special Reports, which examine larger industry issues.
- Best’s Market Segment Reports, for AM Best’s assessment of a regional or industry segment within the insurance market.
- Best’s Rankings, for a numeric picture of a subject based on insurer statement filings.
- Best’s Commentaries, short reports issued by AM Best analysts in response to breaking news, emerging issues or important industry developments.
Request More Information