Print This Page
Best's Capital Adequacy Ratio Model
Evaluate an insurer's capitalization and risk profile with this model, consistent with the methodology used by AM Best analysts. Assess the impact of various scenarios, for internal modelling, planning, competitive comparisons and business development.
Request a Demo
- Calculate the BCAR score for single and group insurance companies in the life and non-life sectors with this Excel-based tool.
- Run BCAR scores on any company using your own assumptions.
- Run assessments for life and non-life insurers.
- Enter data via the easy-to-use Data Input screen.
- Link the Data Input screen to your existing data sources.
- Assess the impact on the BCAR score due to changes to:
- Review results under different parameters: Standard, CatStress, Terror.
- Calculate results under different confidence levels (VaR Value at Risk): VaR 95.0, VaR 99.0, VaR 99.5, VaR 99.6, VaR 99.8.
- Use the interactive Summary Report to change parameters on the fly and generate insightful and revealing reports.
- Asset Managers
- Risk Managers
- Ratings Advisory
Related Product: Best's Capital Adequacy Ratio Model - P/C, US
View Our Complete Product Directory | Contact Us
NOTE: The results or output created by use of the Best's Capital Adequacy Ratio Model - Universal ("Output") is for informational and internal purposes only, and such Output may not match or be consistent with the official BCAR scores for the same rating unit. The Output is not guaranteed or warranted in any respect by AMB. This model is not intended for use with US or Canadian statutory data.
The BCAR Model - Universal is a non-rating services product, and its purchase is not required as part of the rating process.