Print This Page
Best's Capital Adequacy Ratio Model
Evaluate an insurer's capitalization and risk profile with this model, consistent with the methodology used by AM Best analysts, to capture the combined impact of financial risks associated with adverse market conditions.
Request a Demo
- Determine if an insurer's available capital is adequate against eight risk categories and five value at risk (VaR) scenarios.
- Find out which risks create more required capital at each VaR level.
- Use the Investment Testing and Credit Risk Testing pages to model changes in your investment portfolio and reinsurance programs.
- Run multiple adjustments to any insurer’s balance sheet. Change parameters and capital charges at each VaR and generate insightful reports.
- Access preloaded statutory data for all P/C insurers.
- Use the BCAR model for forecasting, stress testing, internal modeling, planning, competitive comparisons and business development.
- Asset Managers
- Risk Managers
- Ratings Advisory
Related Product: Best's Capital Adequacy Ratio Model - Global
View Our Complete Product Directory | Contact Us
NOTE: The results or output created by use of the Best's Capital Adequacy Ratio Model - P/C, US ("Output") is for informational and internal purposes only, and such Output may not match or be consistent with the official BCAR scores that AM Best publishes for the same rating unit. The Output is not guaranteed or warranted in any respect by AM Best.
The BCAR Model - P/C, US is a non-rating services product, and its purchase is not required as part of the rating process.