Best's Statement File
Property/Casualty - United States
To order by phone:
(908) 439-2200 ext. 5311
Access the latest
financial data via BestLink.
View the Company Overview page
for detailed company information.
Select and view exactly the
statement pages you need.
Leverage A.M. Best's unique perspective, experience and technology to get a complete picture of the insurance industry: Best's Statement File - Property/Casualty - United States lets you research single insurers, groups and industry composites with data from thousands of quarterly and annual statements filed with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and A.M. Best.
Use this product to:
- Access the latest financial data using only a web browser with the BestLink online service
- Perform in-depth financial reviews on a company, peer-group or industry-wide basis.
- Determine company or industry trends over an 11-year period.
- Use a wide range of fields to identify companies that match criteria you establish.
- Integrate the latest financial and rating data directly into your custom research projects using BestLink for Excel, which pulls online data directly into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Customize your research by creating your own peer groups, field lists and reports.
Your purchase includes:
BestLink, which gives you access to the latest online data and ratings without the need to install any software
A CD-ROM with eleven years of annual and six years of quarterly statutory filing data for more than 3,800 P/C single companies, consolidated as filed and as A.M. Best groups
Use Best's Quantitative Analysis Reports
to evaluate an insurer's advantages and company trends. This in-depth report is the same used by A.M. Best rating analysts when assessing an insurer's financial strength. Perform competitive and benchmarking analysis with five years of profitability, liquidity, leverage data and more for any individual company, group or industry composite contained within the Best's Statement File - Property/Casualty
- Unique industry composites of aggregated results for the total industry, professional categories and predominating categories
- NAIC Statement Page reports in Excel, with complete current- and prior-year data, with select pages available on a five-year basis
- BestLink for Excel, which lets you download the latest online data via Excel
Standard, statistical and analytical reports (see below for details).
Easy-to-use software that lets you create reports and export them into Excel
Access to online PDFs of annual statement pages as filed with the NAIC and A.M. Best
Concise Company Profile reports online
Five years' worth of Best's Financial Strength Ratings online
Best's Statement File - Health - United States, with data from insurers that filed a health statement blank in any year starting in 2001, and/or an HMDI or HMO statement in 2000
Best's Holding Companies (formerly Best's GAAP) database, featuring annual and quarterly GAAP and IFRS statement data.
A.M. Best's company-tracking and e-mail notification system, which lets you monitor the latest news, ratings and reports for companies you select.
Standard, statistical, and analytical reports included with Best's Statement File - P/C:
Change in Policyholders' Surplus: This report displays all of the items which account for the change in policyholders' surplus (PHS) for five companies.
Select Financial Ranking Report: A report enables a customer to select any five insurance companies and receive a relative ranking among the five companies.
Profitability & Income Summary: A full complement report of the income statement data elements as presented in Best's Statement File. The report reflects key profitability analysis ratios such as combined ratio, ROR, ROE and others.
Year-Over-Year Financial Summary: An evaluative report of an individual company's balance sheet and income statement from a current-year versus prior-year perspective.
Key Financial Indicators: A report that assesses an individual company's five-year trends, concentrating on key summary data to highlight balance sheet and income statement strengths.
Summary Metrics: A report that focuses on an individual company's five-year trends, concentrating on key summary data to highlight balance sheet and income statement strengths.
Five-Year Statement Page Summary: An Executive Summary-style report that features five years of assets, liabilities, income statement and cash flow.
Exportable Best's Executive Summary Reports that present, in graphical format, results in key areas of insurer operation in both the annual and quarterly databases:
Single Company: A complete financial analysis of one company, available in five- and eleven-year editions.
Comparison: A side-by-side financial analysis of a company with a peer group of up to five other companies, over a five-year period.
Composite: An examination of a company's financials against a peer group composite, displaying both the average and total composite of the peer group.
Year First Published: 1989
Published: First quarter with 10 to 12 flows throughout the year
Years of Data: Eleven
Contains Best's Credit Ratings: Yes
Phone orders: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5311 (Corporate Sales)
Multi-seat inquiries, including organization-wide access: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5311 (Corporate Sales)
ISSN: 1553-0280 (P/C CD-ROM)
ISBN: 978-1-624430-13-8 (P/C CD-ROM)
Need additional data? Contact A.M. Best's Custom Data Services team for your special needs. With access to decades of filings, historical rating information and the ability to aggregate financial information by a variety of criteria, a solution is only a phone call away. (908) 439-2200 ext. 5383.
A.M. Best Data: Clean. Complete. Accurate.
- No data provider can equal the accuracy, scope or value of information from A.M. Best. We collect quarterly and annual statement data from more than 6,000 companies -- Property/Casualty and Life/Health companies, HMOs, alternative market entities and others -- and perform exhaustive tests and cross-checks for accuracy.
- Historical information is presented in 'as is' format, meaning it reflects today's ownership structures. Each company is identified in a way that allows us to track its development through changes in ownership or structure.
- Financial information for groups and major industry segments are presented in consolidated format, information that is not available elsewhere.
- Many of our publications include qualitative analysis of insurance company and industry performance, as well as unique, value-added indicators such as Best's Ratings and Profitability, Leverage and Liquidity ratios.