(Property/Casualty Lines) - United States
To order by phone:
(908) 439-2200 ext. 5311
View statement pages
for relevant companies.
Access 5- and 11-year
market-share trend studies.
Best's Market Share Report
Find out who the major players are in key states, individual lines or broad sectors of the property/casualty market. Best's State/Line (Property/Casualty Lines) - United States helps you determine market share and examine underwriting performance in each of 46 standard lines of business and 23 popular line combinations.
Use it to:
- Access the latest financial data, ratings, and news online with BestLink.
Analyze market share and loss experience by company, by line, and by state, and benchmark a company's performance against that of a peer or group or market over a period of time, for big-picture look at key markets.
Consult A.M. Best-calculated ratios, ranking information and market share, or generate custom state and line summations in the states and lines you select.
Follow market share and underwriting trends in lines or line combinations.
Determine market trends over an 11-year period to make informed product development decisions, and decide whether to enter or withdraw from a market.
Determine a company's degree of exposure to certain types of losses and evaluate insurers for merger or investment potential.
Integrate the latest data into your custom research projects with BestLink for Excel, which pulls online data directly into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Your purchase includes:
Up to 11 years of data from Page 19 (Statutory Page 14) of the NAIC Annual Statements for thousands of property/casualty companies in the U.S.
Results in 46 standard individual lines and 23 line combinations - available only from A.M. Best Company - in all 50 states, plus Washington, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands
Aggregated results for groups of lines and Total All Lines; plus U.S. Totals and Grand Totals
Eleven- and five-year Market Share Trend Studies for any states or regions and lines you choose
A Top Report generator that quickly shows you the leading writers in your target market
Concise Company Profile Reports and Best's Market Share Reports featuring general information and graphs that provide the latest financial overviews
25 years of Best's Financial Strength Ratings and a Corporate Structure reference, which indicates a selected company's business hierarchy and relationship to relevant companies
- Best's State/Line (Health Lines) - Health - United States, with data from insurers that filed a health statement blank in any year since 2001, and/or an HMDI or HMO statement in 2000
- Best's Review, A.M. Best's award-winning monthly magazine.
- BestAlert Service, A.M. Best's company-tracking and e-mail notification system, which lets you monitor the latest news, ratings and reports for companies you select.
Year First Published: 1966
Published: In real time via BestLink and BestLink for Excel
Years of Data: Up to 11
Phone orders: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5311 (Corporate Sales)
Multi-seat inquiries, including organization-wide access: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5311 (Corporate Sales)
ISBN: 1942-8642 (CD-ROM)
ISSN: 978-1-624430-16-9 (CD-ROM)
Need additional data? Contact A.M. Best's Custom Data Services team for your special needs. With access to decades of filings, historical rating information and the ability to aggregate financial information by a variety of criteria, a solution is only a phone call away. (908) 439-2200 ext. 5383.
A.M. Best Data: Clean. Complete. Accurate.
- No data provider can equal the accuracy, scope or value of information from A.M. Best. We collect quarterly and annual statement data from more than 6,000 companies -- Property/Casualty and Life/Health companies, HMOs, alternative market entities and others -- and perform exhaustive tests and cross-checks for accuracy.
- Historical information is presented in 'as is' format, meaning it reflects today's ownership structures. Each company is identified in a way that allows us to track its development through changes in ownership or structure.
- Financial information for groups and major industry segments are presented in consolidated format, information that is not available elsewhere.
- Many of our publications include qualitative analysis of insurance company and industry performance, as well as unique, value-added indicators such as Best's Ratings and Profitability, Leverage and Liquidity ratios.
Site Map: Products & Services
A.M. Best's Publications & Services Catalog (PDF format: 3 meg)