(Life Lines) - Life/Health - United States
To order by phone:
(908) 439-2200 ext. 5311
View statement pages
for relevant companies.
Access 5- and 11-year
Best's Market Share Report
Find out who the major players are in key states, individual lines or broad sectors of the U.S. life/health market: Best's State/Line (Life Lines) helps you determine market share and examine underwriting performance in 16 separate life lines.
With this product, you can:
Access the latest financial data, ratings, and news online with BestLink.
Analyze market share and loss experience by company, by line, and by state, and benchmark a company's performance against that of a peer, group or market over a period of time, for a big-picture look at key markets.
Consult A.M. Best-calculated ratios, ranking information and market share, or generate custom state and line summations in the states and lines you select.
Follow market share and underwriting trends in lines or line combinations.
Determine market trends over an 11-year period to make informed product development decisions, and decide whether to enter or withdraw from a market.
Determine a company's degree of exposure to certain types of losses and evaluate insurers for merger or investment potential.
Integrate the latest data into your custom research projects with BestLink for Excel, which pulls online data directly into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Your purchase includes:
- BestLink, which gives you direct online access to the latest financial and rating data via your Web browser
- A CD-ROM with up to seven years of data from page 24 of the NAIC Annual Statement on approximately 1,000 companies writing life business in the U.S.
- A.M. Best-calculated ratios, ranking information and market share
- Results in 16 separate life lines in all 50 states, plus Washington, D.C.; Guam; Puerto Rico; American Samoa and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Aggregated results for Total Life, Total Annuities, Total Life and Annuities and other groups of lines
- Automatically generated custom state and line summations
- Top 50 Report generator that shows the leading writers in your target market
- BestLink for Excel, which lets you download the latest online data via Excel
- Easy-to-use software that lets you create reports and export them into Excel
- Concise Company Profile Reports online
- Best's State/Line (Health Lines) - Health - United States, with data from insurers that filed a health statement blank in any year starting in 2001, and/or an HMDI or HMO statement in 2000
- Best's Review, A.M. Best's award-winning monthly magazine.
- BestAlert Service, A.M. Best's company-tracking and e-mail notification system, which lets you monitor the latest news, ratings and reports for companies you select.
Year First Published: 1976
Published: Second quarter, with regular flows throughout the year
Years of Data: Up to 11
Entries: 1,000 (Life); 900 (A&H)
Phone orders: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5311 (Corporate Sales)
Multi-seat inquiries, including organization-wide access: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5311 (Corporate Sales)
ISSN: 1553-0299 (CD-ROM)
ISBN: 978-1-624430-14-5 (CD-ROM)
Need additional data? Contact A.M. Best's Custom Data Services team for your special needs. With access to decades of filings, historical rating information and the ability to aggregate financial information by a variety of criteria, a solution is only a phone call away. (908) 439-2200 ext. 5383.
A.M. Best Data: Clean. Complete. Accurate.
- No data provider can equal the accuracy, scope or value of information from A.M. Best. We collect quarterly and annual statement data from more than 6,000 companies -- Property/Casualty and Life/Health companies, HMOs, alternative market entities and others -- and perform exhaustive tests and cross-checks for accuracy.
- Historical information is presented in 'as is' format, meaning it reflects today's ownership structures. Each company is identified in a way that allows us to track its development through changes in ownership or structure.
- Financial information for groups and major industry segments are presented in consolidated format, information that is not available elsewhere.
- Many of our publications include qualitative analysis of insurance company and industry performance, as well as unique, value-added indicators such as Best's Ratings and Profitability, Leverage and Liquidity ratios.
Site Map: Products & Services
A.M. Best's Publications & Services Catalog (PDF format: 3 meg)