Best's Schedule D
(Investments) - Property/Casualty & Life/Health - United States
To order by phone:
(908) 439-2200 ext. 5311
Access analytical reports
using BestLink® .
Pie charts show holdings
by asset category.
Track the investment activity of the insurance industry: Best's Schedule D comprises four databases, available separately or as a package:
- Corporate Bonds
- Municipal Bonds
- Common Stocks
- Preferred Stocks
Use Best's Schedule D to:
Access the latest financial data using only a web browser with
- View investment information for single companies, or follow trends for larger segments or the industry as a whole.
- Evaluate your company's investment portfolio against those of other insurers.
- Quickly assess a company's or group's holdings.
- Track issue ownership, and develop lists of specific issue owners.
- Integrate the latest financial and rating data directly into you custom research projects using BestLink for Excel, which pulls online data directly into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Your purchase includes:
- Access to one or more of the above databases (depending on your purchase) on CD-ROM, with detailed listings of securities held by property/casualty and life/health insurers as reported in Schedule D, parts I and II, of each insurer's annual and quarterly statements
BestLink, which gives you access to the latest online data and ratings without the need to install any software
Two additional Best's Schedule D databases in BestLink - Short Term Investments and Other Long Term Investments - to help provide a more complete picture of insurer investments.
- Track stock and bond issues held by thousands of insurers, including:
- U.S. Government Agency Bonds
- Private Placements
- Closely Held Affiliates
- Access to all hybrid securities in one convenient location for easy identification and peer analysis
- Easy-to-use software that lets you create reports and export them into Excel
- Six- and nine-month quarterly updates
- BestLink for Excel, which lets you download the latest online data via Excel
- The latest Best's Credit Ratings online
- Best's Review, A.M. Best's company-tracking and e-mail notification system, which lets you monitor the latest news, ratings and reports for companies you select, at all news service levels
- BestAlert Service, A.M. Best's award-winning monthly magazine, at all news service levels
Year First Published: 1969
Published: Second quarter with six- and nine-month flows
Entries: 1,250 to 3,500, depending on the database purchased
Phone orders: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5311 (Corporate Sales)
Multi-seat inquiries, including organization-wide access: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5311 (Corporate Sales)
ISSN: 2152-3401 (Bonds CD-ROM); 2152-3428 (Stocks CD-ROM)
ISBN: 978-1-624430-19-0 (Bonds CD-ROM); 978-1-624430-18-3 (Stocks CD-ROM)
Need additional data? Contact A.M. Best's Custom Data Services team for your special needs. With access to decades of filings, historical rating information and the ability to aggregate financial information by a variety of criteria, a solution is only a phone call away. (908) 439-2200 ext. 5383.
A.M. Best Data: Clean. Complete. Accurate.
- No data provider can equal the accuracy, scope or value of information from A.M. Best. We collect quarterly and annual statement data from more than 6,000 companies -- Property/Casualty and Life/Health companies, HMOs, alternative market entities and others -- and perform exhaustive tests and cross-checks for accuracy.
- Historical information is presented in 'as is' format, meaning it reflects today's ownership structures. Each company is identified in a way that allows us to track its development through changes in ownership or structure.
- Financial information for groups and major industry segments are presented in consolidated format, information that is not available elsewhere.
- Many of our publications include qualitative analysis of insurance company and industry performance, as well as unique, value-added indicators such as Best's Ratings and Profitability, Leverage and Liquidity ratios.
Site Map: Products & Services
A.M. Best's Publications & Services Catalog (PDF format: 3 meg)