Best's Market Share Reports
(One-Year Premiums and Loss Study)
Choose a state and line
to create your report.
To order by phone:
(908) 439-2200 ext. 5742
Find the best opportunities in the U.S. and Canada marketplace with Best's Market Share Reports, designed to show you the leading U.S. P/C companies writing business in the states and lines of your choice.
With these reports, you can:
- Decide when to follow the pack -- or break away from it. Looking at the underwriting, sales and loss experience of leading companies will help your product development and competitive strategies.
- Learn how your company fits into the big picture. These reports show current conditions set by industry leaders, so you can see how your company's experience compares.
- Have confidence that the analysis is up-to-date. The online format ensures that you have the most current data, with maximum convenience and flexibility.
Your purchase includes:
- An online report that can be exported, printed or downloaded within 14 days from the date of purchase, containing basic annual P/C statement data from page 19 of the NAIC statement blank, plus ratios and rankings for leading writers in states and lines you select. Data fields include market share (%), direct premiums written, direct premiums earned, dividends to policyholders, direct losses paid, direct losses incurred, pure loss ratio (%), incurred loss ratio (%), adjusted loss ratio (%), overall rank and single-company rank
- Your choice of the following lines of business:
- Standard Lines: 44 basic lines from page 19 of the P/C annual statement (statutory page 14)
- Combined Lines: 23 of the most common line combinations
- Group Studies and Total of All Lines
- Your choice of any of the 50 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., and Total U.S., plus business written by U.S. companies in American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada and other countries, as well as a grand total for all of the above
- Your choice of company type:
Note: Microsoft Excel or the Microsoft Excel viewer is required to access these reports. Microsoft Viewer is available on Microsoft's Support Web site.
Year First Published: 2003
Years of Data: One
Price: $180 (U.S.) (Price is for one line of business in one state.)
Phone orders: (908) 439-2200 ext. 5742 (Customer Service)
Need additional data? Contact A.M. Best's Custom Data Services team for your special needs. With access to decades of filings, historical rating information and the ability to aggregate financial information by a variety of criteria, a solution is only a phone call away. (908) 439-2200 ext. 5383.
A.M. Best Data: Clean. Complete. Accurate.
- No data provider can equal the accuracy, scope or value of information from A.M. Best. We collect quarterly and annual statement data from more than 6,000 companies -- Property/Casualty and Life/Health companies, HMOs, alternative market entities and others -- and perform exhaustive tests and cross-checks for accuracy.
- Historical information is presented in 'as is' format, meaning it reflects today's ownership structures. Each company is identified in a way that allows us to track its development through changes in ownership or structure.
- Financial information for groups and major industry segments are presented in consolidated format, information that is not available elsewhere.
- Many of our publications include qualitative analysis of insurance company and industry performance, as well as unique, value-added indicators such as Best's Ratings and Profitability, Leverage and Liquidity ratios.