A.M. Best Company is a global credit rating agency with a unique focus on the insurance industry. Insurance professionals, brokers, regulators and consumers refer to Best's Credit Ratings as an opinion of the financial strength and creditworthiness of risk-bearing entities and investment vehicles. Watch a video to learn more about A.M. Best's corporate mission and values.
A.M. Best Company is...
- A credit rating agency with more than 100 years of history. The company was founded in 1899 by Alfred M. Best. Offices are located in the U.S., the U.K., Hong Kong, Dubai and Mexico, with a news bureau in Washington, D.C.
- An issuer of financial strength ratings of insurers, reinsurers, captives and other risk-bearing entities, and a publisher of in-depth reports on industry segments and key topics.
- An issuer of fixed-instrument debt ratings that cover bonds, notes, securitization products and other financial instruments issued by insurers and reinsurers. Its debt and commercial paper ratings are used by capital-market issuers and professionals worldwide.
- A publisher of insurance industry references and resources, online and in print. A.M. Best's flagship publication, Best's Insurance Reports, is made up of detailed analytical reports on thousands of insurers in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and worldwide. A.M. Best's Financial Suite presents value-added data from insurers' financial statements. Best's Directories list attorneys, adjusters, expert service providers and other professionals qualified to serve the needs of insurance companies.
- A respected source of original news reporting on the insurance industry. Best's Insurance News & Analysis is a comprehensive service that provides access to A.M. Best's special reports, statistical studies, the BestWeek news wrap-up, Best's Review monthly magazine, and the BestDay daily news digest.
A.M. Best has job openings in Oldwick, London and Hong Kong.
» Return to the Top