Founded in 1899, A.M. Best Company is a full-service credit rating organization dedicated to serving the insurance industry. Policyholders refer to Best's ratings and analysis as a means of assessing the financial strength and creditworthiness of risk-bearing entities and investment vehicles. Watch a video to learn about A.M. Best's corporate mission and values.
A.M. Best Company is...
- A worldwide insurance-rating and information agency with more than 100 years of history. The company was founded in 1899 by Alfred M. Best. Offices are located in the United States (headquarters in Oldwick, NJ, and an office in Miami, FL), the United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Dubai. The company also maintains a news bureau in Washington, D.C.
- The largest and longest-established company devoted to issuing in-depth reports and financial strength ratings about insurance organizations. Its flagship publication and database, Best's Insurance Reports, offers the largest coverage of insurers and reinsurers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and worldwide of any interactive rating organization.
- An issuer of fixed-instrument debt ratings that cover bonds, notes, securitization products and other financial instruments issued by insurers and reinsurers. Its debt and commercial paper ratings are used by capital-market issuers and professionals worldwide.
- A publisher of books, directories, CD-ROM products and Internet-based services pertaining to the insurance industry. Products focus on insurance company financial information, underwriting information, providers of legal representation and claims adjusting services to the insurance industry, and company-specific or industry-wide analytical information in the United States, Canada, Europe, Middle East and Asia insurance markets.
- The longest-running, largest and most-recognized source for insurance news. Articles generated by A.M. Best's news staff are published in Best's Review magazine, BestWeek, through its real-time news channels and distributed via more than a dozen international information distributors.
- The premier source for regulatory statement financial information. Best's Statement File products and reports are the industry standard for reliable, accurate and comprehensive statement-source information about insurance organizations operating in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- The winner of numerous awards for our news publications and marketing campaigns.
A.M. Best has job openings in Oldwick, London and Hong Kong.
» Return to the Top